About the Southern Mallee
The Council comprises of 7 Councillors, elections proposed for November 2022.
The Presiding Member of Council elected from the Councillors is titled Mayor however for the purposes of voting on matters before the Council the Mayor will, in accordance with Section 86 (7) of the Local Government Act 1999, as amended, have a deliberative vote only
The overall administration of the Council is the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer. The Council's principal office is located at Pinnaroo and another office is maintained at Lameroo. There are work depots at Lameroo and Pinnaroo.
Councillors and staff are appointed to various internal advisory committees or are contact persons for specific purposes.
- Council Assessment Panel
- Audit Committee
- Building and Fire Safety Committee
- Southern Mallee District Council Strategic Planning & Development Committee
The Council has a policy for elected members/ staff or district residents to represent the Council or be the designated contact person on various local and regional associations/ committees. The following organisations have representation:-
- Local Government Association of SA
- Murraylands and Riverland Local Government Association
- Murray Darling Association
- Box Flat Dingo Control Coordinating Committee
- Mallee and Coorong Local Government Natural Resource Management Advisory Group
- Murray Mallee Local Action Planning Group
- Childcare Services Advisory Committee
- Mallee Health Service Health Advisory Council Inc